Rehabilitation aims to help you improve your ability to do things for yourself and return to your usual lifestyle after surgery, injury, illness or an accident.
At National Capital Private Hospital you will spend several hours a day participating in a rehabilitation program.
The goal of the rehabilitation program is to get you back to what you used to do.
You will be asked and encouraged to do as much for yourself as you can.
We will recommend equipment and new strategies to help you do the things that you want and need to do.
Common conditions that we treat include:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (eg hip, knee surgery).
Suitable for patients who have a functional disability or need the support of a medical facility and nursing care.
On discharge you may be eligible to access our day programs.
Day rehabilitationSuitable for patients who have established rehabilitation needs without the need for 24 hour inpatient medical or nursing care.
You don’t need to have recent hospitalisation to attend our rehabilitation programs.
A simple referral from your GP to one of our rehabilitation specialists will suffice.
For all admission enquiries or further information please contact us via
National Capital Private Hospital Rehabilitation Nurse Unit Manager: 02 6222 6708
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Day Program at National Capital Private Hospital is a ‘fast-track’ multi disciplinary program made available to all clients and their families who have had a coronary angioplasty/stent, heart attack or other cardiovascular disease, including angina or may have cardiovascular disease risk factors.
The broad aims of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program are to:
- Maximise your physical, psychological and social functioning to enable you to live productively and with confidence.
- Assist and encourage behaviours that may minimise your risk of further recurrences of your cardiac disease.
The Orthopaedic Day Program is a multi disciplinary program made available to all clients who have had orthopaedic or neurological surgery, or post spine, upper or lower limb fracture.
The broad aims of the Orthopaedic Day Program are to:
- Maximise physical, psychological and social functioning and enable patients to live productively and with confidence
- Assist and encourage exercise and behaviours that may minimise the risk of further injury or exacerbation of disease
When is the program?
National Capital Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Day Program is run once per week on Friday 9am - 12am for a six week duration.
- 24-hour on-site medical and nursing cover
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychologists (as needed)
- Social work
- Specialist medical rehabilitation services
- Speech pathologist
- Tailored rehabilitation programs to meet the needs of each individual patient.